Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive
- Preheat oven to 425F. Layer ½ of the lemon slices on the bottom of a baking dish. Sprinkle with ½ of the herbs and ½ of the sliced garlic.
- Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle salt & pepper. Place remaining lemon, herbs and garlic on top of the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through. If you want the chicken to be a bit more “roasty” then remove the lid/foil and broil for another few minutes (watching carefully not to burn it).
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Yummy on a bed of quinoa, or couscous. If you have left overs, you can add a leftover sliced chicken breast to your salad for lunch the next day!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
Want more healthy recipes? Grab your FREE copy of my 10 Healthy Soups and Stews Recipe Book here!