5 Reasons to Clean Up Your Diet
The old saying 'You are what you eat' has a lot of truth to it. If you provide your body with nutritious, energy filled food you will feel a lot different than if you fill it with fast-food and candy.
Cleaning up your diet doesn't have to be hard, or expensive. It doesn't mean you have to follow a strict diet or spend all day in the kitchen preparing meals.
Here are 5 reasons why its time to Clean Up Your Diet:
- If going through the drive through to grab breakfast, lunch and dinner sounds familiar, then you can save TONS of money by planning in advance, grocery shopping and eating more often at home.
- Eating nutritious food provides your body with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important to a long healthy life- from brain health, to cardiovascular, to every other system in our bodies.
- Maintain a healthy weight- eating clean whole foods such as fresh vegetables, fruit and non-processed foods leads to a healthy weight and you will fit back in those skinny jeans at the back of your closet!
- Reduce the toxin load on your body. When you eat processed foods, there are many additives and chemicals and who knows what else in there. This toxic load on your body can hinder the effectiveness of our organs. Our livers have a tough job keeping up with our lives, and if we are providing unrecognized foods, it struggles to keep up.
- Improve energy! Eating a nutritious diet improves energy levels way more than the ups and downs of sugar highs and lows that the typical North American diet provides. These sugar highs are always followed by a low. Cleaning up our diet gives us a more stable energy throughout the day, so you always have the energy when you need it most.
Doesn't this all sound great? Save money, stay healthy, lose weight, detox, and have more energy!?? If that sounds like a good reason to clean up your diet, I would love you to sign up for my FREE Sugar Free Challenge. Its a great introduction to clean, healthy, sugar free eating. Its only 3 days long- and online, so you can live anywhere to join.
There are many reasons to eat healthy and the list would be very long- but I hope this gives you a bit of motivation to have a peek at your own diet and see where you can do better.
Comment below and tell me why you want to clean up your diet!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.