5 Reasons Why You Should Detox
If you have never tried a detox, it could sound scary, or hard, or confusing. It doesn't have to be that way and I personally think everyone should regularly detox their life and their body. I want to tell you 5 Reasons Why You Should Detox.
There are so many additives that go into our bodies during every day life, from food preservatives, alcohol, pollutants, body care products and the strange ingredients in processed foods. Detoxing gives your body a break and gives a chance for all of your organs to strengthen and heal.
Here are 5 Reasons Why You Should Detox:
- Prevent Disease- Many diseases are a result of poor lifestyle choices. We are all guilty of that from time to time. A good detox gives your body a chance to recover from these choices, by lessening the load on your organs and cleaning out your digestive system. This in turn helps your body to age well, and prevent long term disease.
- Boost your Immune System - By doing regular detoxes (a few times each year), your immune system gets a boost and becomes stronger. This helps you to fight off infections and stay healthy throughout time of stress and cold winter months when colds and flu are everywhere.
- Boost your Energy Levels - The few days during a cleanse is a great time to conserve energy, and let your body rest and recover. But once its competed, most people feel stronger and have great mental and physical energy levels!
- Improve Liver Function- Our livers work hard on a daily basis, trying to keep up with the load of food and drink we put in our body. A few days of detox is a great chance to let it catch up on its job. By removing extra toxins for a few days, you reduce its work load and give it a chance to catch up.
- Weight Loss- During time of stress, or overeating, our digestion struggles to keep up, and extra weight starts to slowly creep on. Detoxing gives our body a chance to get rid of the extra weight from the foods we know we should be avoiding.
Ready to learn more about Detoxing? I have a simple 10 Day Detox for Better Digestion program that is all online, and once you sign up, you can start whenever you are ready.
I will be starting my next detox in the fall- I hope you join me!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.