Dry Brushing- 5 Reasons Why You Should Start! (and how to do it)
If you have heard of dry brushing, but not sure why you should be doing it OR if you have never heard of dry brushing, then this post is for you.
We already spring clean our homes, and our yards, but the most important thing we should be cleaning is our bodies.
Here are 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Dry Brushing:
- Increases circulation- increased circulation provides a variety of health benefits from delivering oxygen around the body to all our organs, helping with that dreaded cellulite and improving brain function (among many other things).
- Removes dead skin- time to get rid of that pesky winter dry skin and show those legs off in a summer dress! Even just one session makes a huge difference, you will have glowing skin in no time!
- It's invigorating! Once you do a full brush on your body, many people feel a surge of energy! Who doesn't want more energy?
- It detoxifies- as well as improving circulation of blood, dry brushing also helps to circulate the lymph. By stimulating your lymphatic system to kick into gear, it helps to rid your body of toxins and provides new nutrients around the body.
- My favorite- it helps with digestion. A light self massage to your stomach area, and it helps to promote better digestion (keep in same direction of digestion, and massage clockwise).
All that sounds great, doesn't it? Next steps. Buy yourself a dry brush. There are many different kinds, but if you go to your local health food store- they probably sell them. If you can't find one, message me and I'll send you some links to my favorite stores.
Start light, and move slow. Moving in small circular motions, with the direction of pressure towards the heart is important for all extremity (arms and legs brushing). When you are over your tummy area, move in a circular motion clockwise. That's it!
It might feel scratchy when you first start out- and its meant to. This is a dry brush, not meant to be done in the shower. Just lighten up your touch a little bit, avoid the sensitive areas, and you will get used to it in no time.
Are you ready to try Dry Brushing?
Keep me posted! Please comment below to let me know if you are going to give it a try- or if you already use a dry brush.
Stay in touch! Grab your FREE access to my Nutrition Resource Library for instant access to my favorite things.
Sign up here:
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me