It's Spring! 6 Simple Steps to a Fresh Start
Happy Spring! Today is the beginning of birds chirping, snow melting and (hopefully) peeling those extra layers off soon. Here are 6 Simple Steps to giving yourself, and your home a fresh, clean start this spring.
- Clean out your fridge - From old leftovers to expired bottles of who knows what. Pull everything out of your fridge, give it a good wash, and be mindful as you put things back inside. Now is a great time to get rid of those sweet treats that you were hiding out over the winter, and make room for all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies soon to be found at your local market.
- On the next sunny afternoon- open up those windows! Stale, dry air that has been circulating around your house all winter can now be aired out. Fresh air, sunshine, and a light breeze is perfect to help get rid of all that recycled air.
- Plant some herbs- even if you are not in a place where you can grow a full garden, its a great time to start some fresh herbs like basil, rosemary and mint to grow on a window ledge. A little bit of green will brighten your home, and with the weather getting warmer, they will be thriving in no time.
- Treat yourself to an exfoliating body treatment. For a simple recipe, mix a teaspoon of coconut oil, a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of your favorite essential oils into a bowl(lavender or citrus work nice). A full body scrub like this can help increase circulation, help get rid of dry skin, improve your immune system, and the essential oils can help to brighten your mood.
- Buy a big bag of organic lemons- and start each morning with a glass of lemon water. This helps to flush toxins from your body, cleanse your digestive system, and gives you an extra boost of energy for the day. Great habit to get into, and spring is a great time to create healthy habits.
- Start getting outside for an afternoon or evening walk. With time change now upon us, and longer day light in the evening, we should take advantage of this extra time in our days. Get outside for some fresh air and exercise, and try to get away from that winter TV evening habits.
I hope you all get to enjoy a lovely, warm, sunny first day of spring.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
Do you have some favorite spring tips? I would love to hear them! Please comment below!