Beat the Bloat
Did you eat too much? Full tummy? Bloated? Pants too tight after the big meal?
It's no fun when you feel sick or bloated after you eat. It can ruin the mood, and send you home to bed early.
I have went through this, and I know how you feel. Its frustrating and awful to feel sick and bloated. UUgh. You don't have to suffer from tummy pain, or feeling like your pants are too tight.
Here are a few simple tips to lighten the load during and after a big meal.
When you sit down to eat, try these tips:
- Have small sips of water with your food instead of big glasses full. If you drink a couple big glasses of water/ juice/ pop, it dilutes your digestive juices in your tummy, and then takes longer for your body to digest. Try this during your next big meal, it really works!
- Chew your food more! Sometimes we are in a hurry, or busy chatting and we don't pay attention to our eating. Slow down and chew, chew, chew. This breaks up your bites of food further down into more easily digestible pieces and your tummy can deal with it much easier.
- Sit and relax while you eat. If you are eating on the run, your mind and body are not in rest and digest mode. We want to keep the focus on your tummy and give it time to do its job.
After a big meal, try these tips:
- Say no to dessert. Having sugary items on sit on top of a big meal in your tummy is just asking for trouble. If you really want some, either wait awhile after eating, or just have a very small serving. Your tummy is already busy digesting the big meal, so dessert is creating more work for our digestive system.
- After a meal, sip on some herbal tea, such as chamomile, ginger or mint tea. This is a great way to soothe your tummy and improve and digestion.
- Go for a walk. Depending how you feel it can be a slow walk or a brisk walk. The point is to get the blood flowing, as the increase in circulation will help your digestion process keep things moving.
Try these little tips, and comment below to let me know how you feel!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
Do you suffer from tummy troubles or bloating often? I have a FREE, simple, 5 day Love Your Gut For Better Digestion course.
Sign up below:
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me