Chicken Quinoa Chili Recipe
This easy crock pot chili recipe is one of my favorite fall and winter recipes.
It's cooked in the crock pot, so super easy to prepare, and makes the house smell yummy at the end of the day when you are starving.
- 1 Jar of Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Black Beans with liquid
- 1 Can of Pinto Beans or Kidney Beans with liquid
- 1/2 Red Onion diced small
- 1/2 Red Pepper diced small
- 3 large cloves of garlic chopped small
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of water or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice
- 1 cup of quinoa (rinse if it is not pre-rinsed)
- Start by greasing your crock pot with coconut oil. A silicone brush works great for this.
- Toss in the beans. I use Eden Organic beans, as you don't have to drain them, and the liquid is perfect for chili.
- Add the Diced Tomatoes- and turn crock pot on.
- Add rest of ingredients in order above. Make sure to cover the quinoa with liquid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
- For the last few hours, keep an eye on it, as the quinoa does expand while cooking. I usually give it a couple stirs at this point to mix it all together.
- Pull out chicken breasts onto a cutting board and shred using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and give it a good stir to mix up.
- Ready to eat! Garnish with avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips
Want MORE Yummy Recipes? Grab my FREE 10 Healthy Soups and Stews Recipe Book here:
Once you sign up for that recipe book, it will be in your inbox shortly. While you wait, here's a few other things I think you might like.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me