Slow-Cooker Chicken Broth Recipe
Slow-cooked chicken broth in all it’s “comfort food” goodness. Delicious, nutrient-rich, and easier than pie. Can you really get any better than that? Try this gut-soothing slow cooker chicken broth recipe.
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, bones with or without meat
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Herbs and spices as desired (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Place chicken bones, and meat if using, into a slow cooker.
- Add chopped vegetables, vinegar, and herbs/spices.
- Cover with hot water (about 2 litres/8 cups).
- Cook 8 h on medium or overnight on low.
- Remove bones.
- Add spinach 30 minutes before serving.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can strain it before serving, or serve it with the cooked vegetables as soup.
Want some more healthy and yummy recipes? Click here: Recipes
Do you want more yummy recipes like this? Grab your copy of my 10 Healthy Soups and Stews Recipe Book- it's FREE!
Let me know if this sounds yummy in the comments below! I would love to hear if you try it out.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.