Slow-Cooker Chicken Broth Recipe
Warm and comforting food at its best!
Slow-cooked chicken broth in all it’s “comfort food” goodness. Delicious, nutrient-rich, and easier than pie. Can you really get any better than that? Try this gut-soothing slow cooker chicken broth recipe.
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, bones with or without meat
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Herbs and spices as desired (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Place chicken bones, and meat if using, into a slow cooker.
- Add chopped vegetables, vinegar, and herbs/spices.
- Cover with hot water (about 2 litres/8 cups).
- Cook 8 h on medium or overnight on low.
- Remove bones.
- Add spinach 30 minutes before serving.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can strain it before serving, or serve it with the cooked vegetables as soup.
Want some more healthy and yummy recipes? Click here: Recipes
Do you want more yummy recipes like this? Grab your copy of my 10 Healthy Soups and Stews Recipe Book- it's FREE!
Let me know if this sounds yummy in the comments below! I would love to hear if you try it out.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me