Slow-Cooker Chicken Broth Recipe
Slow-cooked chicken broth in all it’s “comfort food” goodness. Delicious, nutrient-rich, and easier than pie. Can you really get any better than that? Try this gut-soothing slow cooker chicken broth recipe.
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, bones with or without meat
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Herbs and spices as desired (salt, pepper, paprika, parsley)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Place chicken bones, and meat if using, into a slow cooker.
- Add chopped vegetables, vinegar, and herbs/spices.
- Cover with hot water (about 2 litres/8 cups).
- Cook 8 h on medium or overnight on low.
- Remove bones.
- Add spinach 30 minutes before serving.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can strain it before serving, or serve it with the cooked vegetables as soup.
Do you want more yummy recipes like this? Grab your copy of my 10 Healthy Soups and Stews Recipe Book- it's FREE!
Let me know if this sounds yummy in the comments below! I would love to hear if you try it out.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.