Chocolate with Superfoods Recipe
If you ask any of my clients, I never shy away from treats and snacks- as long as they are healthy! This chocolate with superfoods recipe is just that. It hits the spot if you have a sweet craving, and has some really good for you ingredients, plus its YUMMY!
You can tweak the ingredients to your taste and if you have other healthy ideas to toss in, then go for it!
- 2 Tbsp raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp non-sweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 Tbsp dried goji berries
- 4 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate (remember dark chocolate is good for you!)
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the chopped almonds, chopped ginger, shredded coconut, and goji berries.
- Take out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and set it aside for topping.
- Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil in a double boiler, keep stirring until melted. When smooth and creamy, stir in the larger amount of chopped almonds, chopped ginger, coconut, and pom seeds or goji berries.
- Spread the chocolate mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining superfoods mixture and a tiny bit of sea salt on top.
- Refrigerate the sheet until the chocolate is fully set, about 30 minutes.
- Gently break up the pieces and store in a sealed container
** tip- store in the fridge, as it does melt in your fingers as you eat it.
I hope you like it! I sure do! I wish I could give credit to this recipe as it originated somewhere else. I have been making it for special holiday gifts for years, and not sure where the original idea came from.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
If you want to save it for later- just click the image below to save to your Pinterest account: