Mexican Vegetable Stew Recipe
On a cold day, there is nothing better than warm stew! Try out this easy Mexican Vegetable Stew Recipe for lunch or dinner.
It's really simple, and you can customize it to your taste. Add in some hot sauce or other veggies that you have on hand.
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 can (3 1/2 ounces) chopped green chili peppers
- 1 can (14-19 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained (or mixed beans)
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Heat a 2-quart pot coated with 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, corn, and chili peppers
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans, rice, and cumin. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
(Makes 4 Servings)
I can't wait to hear how you like it!
Want more yummy soups and stews recipes like this? Grab my FREE Recipe book! Just click the button below and you can get it emailed over right now!
I have some of my favorites in there- I hope you like it!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
If you want to save it for later- just click the image below to save to your Pinterest account:
Want some more healthy and yummy recipes? Click here: Recipes