Warm up the holidays with organic gingerbread!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted cultured butter, melted
- 1/2 cup organic cultured lowfat buttermilk, chilled and well shaken
- 1 organic extra large brown egg
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour, spices, baking soda, and sea salt into mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together molasses, 1/3 cup sugar, butter, buttermilk and egg. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour gingerbread batter into the prepared baking pan. Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until an inserted tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cook completely in the pan.
- Cut into 16 squares. Top with homemade whipped coconut cream and garnish with candied ginger.
Vegan option: Use 1 flax egg to replace the egg. Replace the buttermilk and butter with 3/4- 1 cup of organic coconut milk.
Makes 16 servings
I hope your mouth is watering! Mine sure is.
Want some more yummy recipes? You can get instant access to my Nutrition Resource Library by clicking on the button below. It's FREE!
Stay in touch and let me know which one your new favorite is!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me