5 Reasons to Shop at your Local Farmers Market!
It's that time of year! Markets are available in almost every small town- and you should spend a morning at one! Or lunch, or afternoon.
Here are 5 Reasons Why You Should Shop At Your Local Farmers Market:
- Great opportunity to 'shop local'. Spending your money at a local market helps to support your local farmers. Keeping the money in your area helps many small businesses.
- Often fresher and healthier! Buying fruits, veggies or baking at a market often means foods haven't been picked before being ripe, or sprayed with chemicals to make them last for weeks until you purchase. This ensures nutrients are more complete.
- Great opportunity to try new things- chat with the vendor and ask them how to choose ready to eat foods, how to prepare and often they will even offer you a taste of their produce.
- Often you will find organic, pesticide free and herbicide free produce. It feels great knowing the source of your food, and even chatting with the farmer who grew it.
- Great opportunity to get out and meet up with friends and neighbours. Strolling through a farmers market is a fun and social activity for the whole family. Fresh air, healthy foods, yummy smells, and often a great place to grab lunch and get out of the office.
If you are looking for a market in your area you can probably find out online. If you are in Alberta, visit THIS WEBSITE.
Maybe I'll bump into you at a market one of these days! I spend a lot of time there!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
As always- if you enjoy my blog, please like and share with your family and friends.
I love hearing from you too! Please leave your comments below.
I have loads of fun info coming soon, don't miss out!