Steamed Salmon and Vegetables Recipe
I encourage eating whole foods, that are made from scratch. If you feel busy, don't like to cook or not sure where to start, this is a simple recipe you will love!
For those of you on elimination diets, this is also a great recipe to include as it is a basic recipe that excludes most food sensitivities.
Give it a try, and let me know in the comments what you think!
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- ½ pint mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp water
- 2 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, no more than 1 ¼ “ thick
- ½ clove garlic, diced
- 2 dashes salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil.Tear two sheets of parchment paper and fold in half. Open the sheets and place half of the vegetables onto each sheet on one side of the fold.
- Add 2 teaspoons of water and place a fillet on top. Top with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Fold the other half of each sheet over the fish, and tightly crimp the edges.
- Put packets flat on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and check to ensure fish flakes easily with a fork (be careful the steam is hot).
- Open each pack and place onto plates.
- Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can mix up the vegetables or herbs, following your elimination diet protocol.
Want some more healthy, easy + yummy recipes? I have TONS inside my Nutrition Resource Library and you can get instant access (for FREE) by clicking the button below.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
P.S. You can always save this one for later in Pinterest if you don't try it today. Click the image below:
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me