Pasta With Asparagus, Red Pepper and Avocado Recipe
Interested in getting more veggies into your diet? Try this yummy recipe!
- 1 16 oz. package organic fettucine noodles (or gluten free pasta)
- 1 pound fresh organic asparagus (try to obtain local, farm fresh!)
- 2 organic red peppers
- 2 organic avocados
- One half organic onion
- One quarter cup organic olive oil
- One half cup organic balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Bring one large pot of water and one smaller saucepan of water to a boil.
- Chop asparagus into one-inch chunks. Dice peppers and avocados.Slice onion very thinly, then cut each thin slab in half and separate layers to create slivers.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together in a smaller bowl
- When smaller saucepan of water boils, add asparagus and cook for only two minutes until warmed through. Drain asparagus, then place back in saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- Cook fettucine in large pot of water until it is just done and still firm--not overcooked and mushy.
- Drain pasta, then place in large bowl. Add vinaigrette to the pasta and coat well. Whip up more vinaigrette to add if you like. Add asparagus, peppers, avocado and onion. Fold mixture until vegetables are evenly distributed throughout the pasta.
- If you want a little protein to accompany this dish, serve it with a portion of pan fried shrimp, chicken or fish or simply add a side of green beans.
Want some other yummy recipes like this? Grab my 7 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan and Recipes for FREE!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
P.S. I would LOVE if you shared this with a few friends! Click the share button below!
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me