My Epic 24 Hour Detox!
If you’ve been feeling tired, low energy or bloated, then you know more than anyone that you need to cleanse the junk from your body. It’s not always easy picking which path to take to cleanse your body for the results you want. But, I’ve made it super easy with my Epic 24 Hour Detox.
I don’t believe in deprivation, so you will not feel deprived in any way. In fact, you’ll feel quite the opposite because we are going to load up on real food with tons of beneficial nutrients!
The reality is, no matter how clean we eat, we live in a very toxic world. Before we even open our mouths to take a bite of food, we are exposed to vehicular and industrial pollution in the air and toxins in our cleaning products and cosmetics. Not to mention the havoc wreaked on the body by stress. So, the question is not ‘am I toxic?’ but rather ‘how toxic am I?’
Ready to eliminate those toxins that cause weight gain, brain fog, loss of sleep, loss of mental clarity, and fatigue?
Here’s my Epic 24 Hour Detox:
Upon Waking Drink:
Morning Lemon/Grapefruit Elixir
- 1 cup warm or room temp water
- Juice from 1 lemon or grapefruit
- Pinch of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon raw honey OR a couple of drops of stevia
Blueberry Superfood Smoothie Bliss
- 1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut/hemp or rice milk
- ½ cup frozen or fresh, organic wild blueberries
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flax meal or chia seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Stevia or raw honey to sweeten
- Ice (optional)
10 almonds and 1 apple
- 2 cups mixed greens or spinach, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup artichokes (BPA free, canned in water)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup hemp seeds or seed of your choice
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Handful basil, chopped
Chop vegetables and mix in a large bowl. Top your salad with avocado and hemp seeds. Drizzle with dressing of choice.
½ avocado w/ tomato & sea salt
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 6 cups bone broth or water
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2-inch nub ginger root, peeled and grated
- Sea salt to taste
- Dash nutmeg
- Chopped fresh parsley, dill, or cilantro
Put carrots, ginger, and onion in a pot with broth. Bring to boil then cover and reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and put everything in a blender or food processor to purée. Serve hot topped with fresh herbs.
Early Evening Immune Boosting Ginger Elixir
- 1 cup warm or room temp water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 1 tablespoon if tolerated
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or stevia
Bring the water and ginger to a boil, and then lower flame. Add the lemon and keep at a low simmer for a few minutes. Then pour into a mug & nourish your body.
If you’ve loved this mini detox and want more of my detox programs, then click here to join my 10 Day Detox Program to maximize your results. There are tons of yummy, healthy recipes like these inside.
One of my favorite ways to BOOST my healthy eating, detox and cleaning efforts is with Essential Oils. I have a FREE class where you can learn more about Detox with Essential Oils. Click here to sign up.
I hope you love these recipes from my Epic Detox. Comment below to let me know how you feel afterwards!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
Want to save this for later? Pin to your Pinterest account by clicking on the image below.