Vanilla Matcha Smoothie Recipe
This energizing smoothie is a nice change from your typical fruit smoothie or that morning coffee.
If you’re craving a caffeine hit, Matcha gives a longer lasting energy boost than coffee. It doesn’t hit you hard and then cause you to crash. Plus the recipe really is delicious!
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (your choice, no added sugar)
- 1-2 tsp matcha green tea powder (start with less if you’re new to matcha - it packs a kick!)
- ½ frozen banana
- Ice cubes (optional)
- 1 large handful of spinach or kale (optional, but recommended)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until desired smoothness is achieved.
- Sip and enjoy!
I have more yummy smoothie recipes for you inside of my Nutrition Resource Library. You can get free access here:
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.