Healthy Hummus Recipe
This healthy hummus recipe is perfect to take with you to a BBQ.
You can also keep in your fridge to snack on through the week. You can adjust spices to your taste as well!
- 1/2 bag chickpeas
- 11/2 bulbs roasted garlic
- 1/8 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- cup tahini
- 1 preserved lemon
- 2 avocados, ripe, remove pits & scoop out flesh
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chickpeas in salted boiling water and cook until soft, about one hour. Drain in a colander and then puree in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve on top of your favorite salad, or with some wholegrain or gluten free crackers or use for vegetable sticks to dip! Healthy and Delicious!
NOTE: To make your own quick preserved lemons: Lightly score 4 lemons all the way around (do not cut through to the flesh) and then boil in 1 cup water, 1 cup fresh lemon juice, 2 bay leaves, 1/2 tablespoon whole black peppercorns and 1/4 cup kosher salt until lemons are soft, approx. 30 minutes.
For more healthy recipes, click here to search the Recipes on my blog: Healthy Recipes
For a new recipe every week, join my private Facebook community and stay tuned every week for Tasty Tuesday! Join here: Nutrition & Wellness Garden
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click image below and save to Pinterest!