Healthy Hummus Recipe
This healthy hummus recipe is perfect to take with you to a BBQ.
You can also keep in your fridge to snack on through the week. You can adjust spices to your taste as well!
- 1/2 bag chickpeas
- 11/2 bulbs roasted garlic
- 1/8 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- cup tahini
- 1 preserved lemon
- 2 avocados, ripe, remove pits & scoop out flesh
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chickpeas in salted boiling water and cook until soft, about one hour. Drain in a colander and then puree in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve on top of your favorite salad, or with some wholegrain or gluten free crackers or use for vegetable sticks to dip! Healthy and Delicious!
NOTE: To make your own quick preserved lemons: Lightly score 4 lemons all the way around (do not cut through to the flesh) and then boil in 1 cup water, 1 cup fresh lemon juice, 2 bay leaves, 1/2 tablespoon whole black peppercorns and 1/4 cup kosher salt until lemons are soft, approx. 30 minutes.
For more healthy recipes, click here to search the Recipes on my blog: Healthy Recipes
For a new recipe every week, join my private Facebook community and stay tuned every week for Tasty Tuesday! Join here: Nutrition & Wellness Garden
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me
Want to save this recipe for later? Click image below and save to Pinterest!