5 Health Benefits of Coconut Oil-
and why you should buy some today!
Coconut Oil is a healthy alternative to vegetable and other cooking oils. If you are wondering what all the hype is about- here are 5 Health Benefits, and should be enough reason to convince you to toss it in your grocery cart on your next trip to the store.
- Coconut Oil is high in healthy fats- this means that it can help to prevent heart disease and promotes heart health! There is so much information out there on good fats, bad fats, saturated fats etc. Most important to remember - Coconut Oil has been proven to benefit cardiovascular health. For more on healthy fats- CLICK HERE
- Coconut oil is high in anti-oxidants and can help reduce inflammation. For those that suffer from arthritis, or other inflammatory conditions, adding coconut oil can help with your symptoms.
- Great for our immune system. Coconut oil is antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral. This means it has a few different methods of attacking bad cells and keeping our immune systems strong and healthy.
- Boosts energy! Coconut oil is a great source of fuel for your body to have sustained energy. Many athletes use it for endurance.
- I saved my favorite for last- Improves Digestion. Gut health is such an important part to the whole body health. Coconut Oil does not need the pancreatic enzymes to be broken down, it is also easy on our gall bladder and helps the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, and certain minerals.
There are many other benefits that I haven't mentioned, but this should be enough reason to convince you to add Coconut Oil to your kitchen.
Let me know if you have any questions! If you are wondering how to use Coconut Oil- check out my other blog:
Thanks for reading!
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.