5 Steps to Taking Charge of Your Health
One of the most important things you can do in life, is to take charge of your health. Of course, there is a network of doctors and health care professionals that you already visit, and all of them have an opinion, but who knows you, better than you?
When you take charge of your health, you are taking a big step towards feeling better. You can sit back, complain about this ache and pain, or you can pop some pills to get through the day and hopefully feel better tomorrow. Are EITHER of those going to make your LIFE better?
Taking charge of your health is not always easy- I get it. Let's keep it simple.
Here are 5 steps to get started on your new healthy habits routine:
- Go for a walk. By yourself. Get the blood flowing, and start thinking about feeling better, and what that means to you. When you get home make a list of everything you can think of that bothers you about your health.
- Clean out your fridge. Throw away anything old, limp, full of sugar or yucky. Wash your shelves, and get it ready for some new healthy foods.
- Go shopping! Stock up on good for you foods. These are different than feel good foods. Buy colorful fruits and veggies! It's a great time to do this as there are farmers markets everywhere.
- Take your 'list' that you made after your walk and make an appointment with a health care professional. That could be your doctor, your nutritionist, your naturopath- whoever. It needs to be someone that listens to your concerns and respects how you feel. If they don't, take the list to someone else. Ask friends or colleagues for recommendations in your area if you are not sure who to turn to.
- Lastly- make yourself a pact that you will put yourself first. Pay attention to how you feel, and make decisions based on that. If it makes you feel good- do it! If you know you will suffer the consequences- stay away. Check in with yourself and ask yourself if this will make you a better and healthier version of you.
It's time to take charge. If you don't put your health first, who will?
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
As always- if you enjoy my blog, please like and share with your family and friends.
I love hearing from you too! Please leave your comments below.
Ready to take charge? I have load of great info coming your way, sign up below so you don't miss out.