5 Ways To Boost Your Energy During the Holidays
The month of December is a festive and fun time for many people, but it can also be be a busy and stressful time. For those of us who love when it comes, and love when it goes- here is 5 Ways to Boost your Energy During the Holidays!
- Keep exercising- when life gets busy, one of the first things to go is exercise. But without regular exercise our bodys start to feel sluggish. Make time in your day to keep your regular routine.
- Fresh air! When it gets cold outside, its a nice time to stay indoors, sit at the fire and often have some wine and snacks. This is also one of my favorite things to do, but I like to make sure I deserve it in the evening by getting outside for fresh air during the day. A bit of sunshine, fresh air and Vitamin D, and energy levels rise instantly!
- Eat well. There are so many treats, desserts, party food and temptations over the holiday. Thats why it is so important to eat well MOST of the time so that you can indulge during the parties and events and not feel like you are missing out.
- Eat regular. Skipping meals to indulge at the party is not good for your energy levels or your blood sugar. By eating regular meals, as you do the rest of the year, you can keep your energy levels balanced. Don't let your busy schedule get in the way!
- Sleep. Between family gatherings, staff parties, working strange hours, and travelling to your holiday destination- sleep often gets put to the wayside. If you feel like you need more, have a nap, have an early bedtime the night before if you know its going to be a late night tomorrow. Pay attention to your sleeping habits and try not to go days on end with less than normal hours. It will catch up with you!
If you feel like you need a bit of help to survive the holidays, or if you want to have more energy, and feel great in your holiday dress- I have a great solution for you.
Join my 12 Days of Wellness to learn simple tips, strategies and recipes to keep your energy up and stress levels down.
Do you have any tips to help you survive the holidays? I would love to hear them! Please comment below.
Gaylene Gomez, NNCP, C.H.N.
A little bit about me! I'm Gaylene, a Holistic Nutrition Coach for women. I work with busy, professional women to help them learn about healthy, simple lifestyle changes they can easily implement to reduce belly bloat, lose weight and get through their day with sustained energy. My clients are committed to their health and excited to learn about healthy eating and natural living. I feel proud of them for taking charge of their health and I'm so lucky to work with these amazing women.
Learn more about me here: About Me